nafex - [NAFEX] Are GM crops killing honeybees?

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Jim Fruth <jfruth@tds.net>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Are GM crops killing honeybees?
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:52:48 -0500

Karl,
You may well have hit on something worth investigating. I have witnessed honeybees harvesting corn pollen (see Karl's email, below).

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

The problem is that with this new wave of bee deaths we do NOT KNOW what is happening and every hypothesis needs another look. When you look at BT corn pollen....it's job is to kill ....so the obvious thing is to revisit the studies and see IF there might be a link. It's nice to think that this was thoroughly studied....but then corn is not insect pollinated so who knows what they were looking for when they did the initial safety reviews. The bee death problem is real,,,,and when you can't find your favorite food at the store it might well be too late to raise the alarm.

Karl W. Olson, D.M.D.
zone 5 Easton, CT.....with lost hives nearly every year