nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Front Lawn fruit tree

  • From: Lee Reich <garden@leereich.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Front Lawn fruit tree
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:54:56 -0500

I cover the appearance, growth habit, etc. of all three of these fruits in my book on Uncommon Fruits. Check it out in your library.

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
The Pruning Book
Weedless Gardening
Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden

On Mar 3, 2007, at 11:26 AM, S & E Hills wrote:

Che's fall color is yellow (like mulberry).  I can't say much about its
growth habit as I have only had mine for a year.   I actually planted both
Che and Ichi Ke Kei Jiro Persimmon in my front yard (about 10 feet from each
other).  I also have a Ginkgo in my front yard, so the persimmon with its
red/orange fall color seems a better choice for me, though it might not be
for you.  (though my persimmon's leaves did not change last year, its first
year in my yard, they just eventually browned and fell off)

Keep in mind that Che does have thorns and this might be an issue with a
front yard tree.

Scott Hills