nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Front Lawn fruit tree

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Front Lawn fruit tree
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 12:40:08 -0500

I have differnt mulberry trees grafted on the wild ones in my back yard. I'm also going to plant a weeping mulberry I grafted high on a regular mulberry, it will be nice next to the pond. No doubt that Illinois Everbearing is an excellent mulberry, but it will be messy planted close to the front door.
I might make room for a pawpaw and persimmon at the same time. I will keep the persimmon pruned for a better shape.

Another thing I forgot to mention, this is on the south side of the house, but there are 2 large maple planted on the street that may give 2 hours of shade in the middle of the day. Would these trees be fine?