nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ammonium Nitrate

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ammonium Nitrate
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:02:50 -0600

Hi Lucky,

I had a question about using Urea on the pecan tree I want to graft. I have
obtained some scion wood and plan to try to graft it early this summer. I
bought 50lbs of Urea 48-0-0 to fertilize the tree so that it will grow more
vigorously this spring. The tree has been very slow growing and you
suggested some N might help. About a month ago I used about 2 cups (dry
measure) around the tree. But it didn't rain for quite a while and the
crystals seemed to evaporate. I'm wondering if it did any good? Also would
it hurt to dose it again this spring.

Mark
Zone 5 Kansas