nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ammonium Nitrate

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ammonium Nitrate
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:35:27 -0600

At 06:29 PM 1/17/2007, R.Murphy wrote:
I have used it in(ammonium nitrate) some rocket propellant formulae, and on my green vegetables.
Didn't see any different results than 10-10-10 did.
The cheapest dose of Nitrogen fertilizer for the WalMart commando (like me) is lawn fertilizer 28-0-0
And yes, too much will burn the crap out of your plants, really really fast.
(Also watch out; some manufacturers add stuff like sulfur; fine print)
Hey, Murph,
I may be wrong, but I always thought that the N in most of the N-P-K formulations, like 10-10-10, triple-13, etc. was in the form of NH4NO3. Can't say that I've really sat down and read the label, but the little 'prills' in 10-10-10 look an awful lot like the little round prills in my bag of pure A.n.

Lucky