nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sparkleberries

  • From: BekeeprTop@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sparkleberries
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:00:41 EST

There was a guy from NC who at one of the NAFEX conventions told me he'd been grafting onto sparkleberry with good results.    If I remember correctly there was also an article in a Pomona 15 yrs ago about it....I'd like to try this in Massachusetts, if anyone has seeds or plants or even cuttings I'd like to...pls email me at machelp@attglobal.net and I'll send you my swap list.  I assume Lucky meant to say he was putting northern blueberries on sparkleberry, not sparkleberry on blueberry.
Charlie Paradise
Lucky wrote:
Several years back, Dan Hemenway was doing some work topworking sparkleberry to named-variety rabbiteye and northern highbush blueberries, on their place at Sparr, FL.