nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Enough of the killing

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Enough of the killing
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:50:57 +0000

I have found sweets to be a good bait, anything from fruit to marshmallows. Fish & meat baits tend to attract cats instead.

I wish I had advice for repelling raccoons-- not just from a garden or orchard plot but also from a larger area. But they are too good at finding any useable den- or sleeping-site, and so good at living near people while avoiding human activity.

One benificial thing is, I believe they eat a lot of slugs. I see more raccoon tracks in a garden when slug populations are high.