nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Food dehydrators

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Food dehydrators
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:23:35 -0700

Yes, if you're handy, there are lots of plans out there. Simplest is just a
stretched food-grade screen; then you want bug protection, so you make a
screen box; then you want to be able to use it when it's not sunny or
breezy..

Yes, there are plans with light bulbs or purchased heating elements. I've
built some - I find I get more predictable results with a purchased
dehydrator. But a better home-built one would probably work very well.

Stephen