nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Plum Curcullio Question

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Plum Curcullio Question
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:12:14 -0700

Peaceful Valley Farm Supply carries lures for the Tedders traps (black
pyramids).

One article I read hazards a guess that one to three pyramid traps per tree
would control curculio in a small orchard. Out here, where we have no plum
curculio, one of our pests is codling moth. I've had exceptional control
with one lured trap per tree. New baits are being tested for curculio; one
hopes that the effectiveness will increase and price decrease.

http://www.groworganic.com/item_PIT380_PlumCurculioLure.html

Stephen Sadler
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate