nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Plum Curcullio Question

  • From: "Mark or Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Plum Curcullio Question
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:40:59 -0500

Dr. Sadler wrote:
"Out here, where we have no plum curculio, one of our pests is codling moth.
I've had exceptional control with one lured trap per tree."

Is this the only control you use? Are the "lured" traps pheromone, or some
kind of bait? Any experience with OFM traps?

"New baits are being tested for curculio; one hopes that the effectiveness
will increase and price decrease."
http://www.groworganic.com/item_PIT380_PlumCurculioLure.html

Do you also get your CM traps from Peaceful Valley?
Thanks,
Mark Angermayer
Zone 5 Kansas