nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Surround Alternatives

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: breen@fedcoseeds.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Surround Alternatives
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:50:05 -0500

Also, as common sense, do not assume that the fineness of Surround is not
present
in a bulk product of Kaolin. Englehard is not selling enough of this stuff to
create a whole new grade of milling. Kaolin is used in tons of cosmetics and
other really super fine usages. The correct mill grade for the home sprayer is
definitely out there. I am going to look on some bags of Surround tomorrow and
see if it reveals the mill grade. I see three possible sellers, one in
Tennessee
and another from an own-line dealer. We'll see. Anyone else got some time to
help
look into this?
Heron Breen
zone 4, Maine