nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Surround Alternatives

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Surround Alternatives
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:42:45 -0500

I just search for Kaolin+clay+dealers on Netscape (not the best one, but I am
not
on my computer) and Kaolin is out there and available, milled in various
sizes,
some super fine. Kaolin is actually fine china clay, so a potter's or
wholesale
clay dealer seems possible. I guess it is also an ingredient in Cement (as
well
as a million other products) so maybe if you have a cement plant nearby, ask
them
if they can get you some. You may have to impersonate a business to get it,
but
why not? Also, this stuff is not EXACTLY the registered pesticide produced by
Englehard, so spraying it may break the law to use it, I don't know. A
minimum
order may be a problem. Maybe if We all wanted to order after lots of research
was done, we could do this? Or as Nafexer's by state? Probably a truck-height
dock or a forklift would be needed at point of reception in your area. That
would
be pretty neat. Buying a clay powder being a reason for us all to get to know
each other in our regions?
Just passing the bouncing ball,
Heron Breen
zone 4, Maine