nafex - [NAFEX] Neem and Surround

  • From: "kieran or donna" <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Neem and Surround
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 08:13:07 -0500

It's too late for me this year, but thank you all for your discussion of
Neem as repellent, and esp the combination. I was just too discouraged
after last year's rain constantly washing off the Surround, and the very few
fruit that actually escaped the curculios. Next year, I will be prepared.
What about the complaint that Neem eats up rubber parts in sprayers? Only
one person complained a year or two back, no one else seems to mention it.
Do I have to be sure to wash my sprayer out well after using Neem?
And my thanks to Don Yellman for reminding us all about Oil of Snake. I
have used many and various products containing this wonder ingredient, and
always noted that it didn't work as well after the first few doses. Now I
tend to be a bit more cautious in my purchases. Donna