nafex - [NAFEX] fungicide or antibacterial? (fireblight)

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] fungicide or antibacterial? (fireblight)
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:59:46 +0000

Reading the paragraph below reminded me of a comment in the current 'Pomona'. The fireblight article recommends spraying copper fungicide. Fireblight is a bacterium. Fungicides kill fungi, not bacteria. Is the fungicide spray intended to promote over-all health of orchard?

Another question which the fireblight article prompts me to ask is about the rubbing alcohol. I was taught you need to soak anything in rubbing alcohol for half-an-hour, to sterilize. Does anyone know if this is right?