nafex - [NAFEX] fiberglass

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] fiberglass
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:27:08 -0700

Fiberglass isn't toxic - and it doesn't burn readily, it prefers to melt.
Inhaled fiberglass particles damage the lungs in a way similar to asbestos.

But, fiberglass won't become particulate and start spreading itself around -
it needs help for that...

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate