nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Antique Apples for the Deep South

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Antique Apples for the Deep South
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:14:16 -0800 (PST)

Well put! The best info, or at least the best leads, come from those
'doing'.
Especially the older growers. And what a surprise when they ask us young
pups for
advice!

Great story, probably from an old 'Pomona' article: A young neighbor told an
older
neighbor that he shouldn't plant apple trees at his age-- 70-- because he'd
be 80
before they started bearing. The old neighbor said "So, how old will I be in
10
years if I don't plant these apple trees?"

And thanks for the scion-available list!