nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Antique Apples for the Deep South

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Antique Apples for the Deep South
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:22:47 -0600

Bruce,
For 'antique' apples in the Deep South, Joyce Neighbors, in Lay Springs, AL may be a good contact - she's located in north AL, a solid zone 7 - but may know which of the Old Southern types might work in S.LA -I'm guessing that's probably a solid zone 8, maybe 9? And, she may(probably does) have scions available.
I've got her contact info around here somewhere, if you want it.

Lucky