nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Apple varities

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Apple varities
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:08:21 -0800

I'll add to the agreement about apple taste en terroir. A local orchard
produces Empires that are amazing. I've never tasted such good ones.

The local orchards are up in the foothills in zones 7b-8b with cool to cold
winters and warm, dry summers.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.

USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,

Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate