nafex - [NAFEX] OT joke shepherd

  • From: "Naomi" <dragon-star@cableone.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] OT joke shepherd
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:01:11 -0700

A shepherd was herding his flock in a remote pasture when a BMW pulled up.  "If I can tell you exactly how many sheep you have in your flock," the driver said, "will you give me one?"
The shepherd looked at the man, then at his flock.  "All right," he said.The man whipped out his laptop and surfed to a website where he called up a GPS satellite navigation system and scanned the area.  Next, he opened up a database of spreadsheets ith complex formulas.  Finally, he sent an e-mail and, after a few minutes, received a response.  He turned to the shepherd and said, "You have exactly 586 sheep! "That's right," said the shepherd, "Okay, take one of them."
The young man selected one of the animals and bundled it into his car.  Then the shepherd said, "If I can tell you what you do for a living, will you give me back my animal?"
Okay," said the cocky young man.  You're a consultant," said the shepherd.
That's right," said the man.  "How did you know?"
"Easy," the shepherd answered.  "You turned up without being asked.  You want to be paid to give me an answer I already know, to a question I never asked.  And you know nothing about what I do.  Now give me back my dog!"

Hope you all liked it
Naomi