nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Online Pomona

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Online Pomona
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:33:18 -0400

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:10:58 -0700, you wrote:

>Having the Pomona online makes more sense for me also. I write a
>newsletter for a local fruit growing club. Each issue contains a number
>of pictures which makes the file size grow. My last issue was 2MB
>compressed, and over 10MB uncompressed. It wouldn't make sense to
>e-mail a large publication like Pomona. (Anyone know the file size of
>the last issue of Pomona?) I like the printed version and would approve
>higher dues to continue printing it, but I also support an pdf or
>similar format of it that we could access online, especially if it
>included older Pomona issues.

You could email a plain-text newsletter containing links to
online pictures. This avoids the problem of emailing very
large files and it keeps the people who prefer to receive
newsletters as email happy.

Then you could also put the HTML version (with pictures in
their proper places) on the Web. This keeps the people who
prefer to read newsletters on the Web happy.

So - hopefully - everyone's happy.

I do this with newsletters for my small business. I do not
find creating the two versions to be unduly burdensome.

Pat
--
Coming soon: www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful