nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Online Pomona

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: kbradley@edibleforestnursery.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Online Pomona
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:18:14 -0500

It seems there is quite a bit already scanned in...could I take a look at all
this stuff? Maybe burn it onto disc, or create a pdf and send it to me? Same
goes
for the kind university Prof that has created a database: a hard copy would be
great! Then I and my friend could look at it and play with the different
formats
already used and see if there is a way to combine or transfer or create into a
little deeper search style. Address:
PO Box 132
St. Albans ME 04971
Thank you all for thinking,
Heron

On Mon Oct 25 6:55 , 'Ed Forest' <edforest55@hotmail.com> sent:

>I haven't read all the posts on this subject, but I did read that putting
>past Pomonas on computer was being contemplated. Therefore you can have
>several issues that I have converted to text. I had planned on converting
>all my past issues so that I could have a searchable document but it became
>very time consuming due to the book form of Pomona (two colums rather than
>one) and having to guide the OCR software in outlining it. (I think that was
>the problem, its been so long).
>
>kevin B
>
>If you decide to give me credit for a membership fee for a year or two I
>wouldn't object.
>
>Kevin Bradley

change other email options):