nafex - [NAFEX] Damaged trees

  • From: "breezyhill" <breezyhill@myway.com>
  • To: NAFEX@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Damaged trees
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:40:49 -0400 (EDT)

My fruit trees are sited next to the hay field. The neighbor puts up hay on
a share basis, and forever there has been no problem. Until today. He ran
into one of the apple trees and tore off a branch of about 5" diameter,
ripping it OUT of the mother branch at the junction. The wood is splintered
three inches or more into the main branch--I pulled chunks out and can stick
my finger in there. I pruned it off as best I could, but it is so splintered
and the bark around it is so loose I don't know how to help it heal. He
skipped a tree, and then skinned a pear tree, knocking off a chunk of bark
about 1/3 of it's diameter, and abourt 5" tall. Young tree. What's the best
way to "fix" it? Have put up a temporary fence to warn him off the trees
when he returns to ted and bale.

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.