nafex - Re: [NAFEX] third apple for backyard orchard?

  • From: LEE REICH <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] third apple for backyard orchard?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:19:39 -0400

For what it's worth, in my experience most golden or yellow apples are
relatively free of scab. What these apples do get is rust. So take your pick
of diseases. Among my favorite apples, also golden in color, is Hudson's
Golden Gem. It's also a very beautiful apple, here in the Hudson
Valley of New York at least, its skin sparkles with gold rather than just
being yellow and russeted.

Lee Reich
www.leereich.com