nafex - RE: [NAFEX] third apple for backyard orchard?

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] third apple for backyard orchard?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:26:02 +0000

Agreed. I'm about to remove a russet which was a dandy tree growing in the deep rich soils a county east, but just can't quite do it w/ this poorer soil. (Rootstocks can do only so much.) Sunlight too-- it's better for apple trees to have full sun from sunrise til 'set, rather than "a little" AM or PM shade.