nafex - RE: [NAFEX] third apple for backyard orchard?

  • From: "Ed Fackler" <efackler@woh.rr.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] third apple for backyard orchard?
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:39:01 -0400

Allen:

Firstly I'd not plant Golden Russet if you aren't going to spray much.
It is susceptible to near everything. Same with Spitzenburg.
You might consider one or more of the earlier disease resistant
varieties like Pristine or Redfree as the shear early maturity will
eliminate some pest problems.

Where do you live?

ed