nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Would CO2 Be Organic to kill ground hogs?

  • From: RW Spalinger <rwspal@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Would CO2 Be Organic to kill ground hogs?
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:46:07 -0600

On Feb 5, 2004, at 11:33 AM, Tom Olenio wrote:

Hello,

What about plain old CO2 (carbon dioxide) for killing ground hogs?
...If that is not an organic solution nothing is...

I will have to check the National Organic Rule to be sure, but off hand, I think CO2 is permissible. It is the CO from exhaust pipes that is not considered organic. Your suggestion of old fire extinguishers or other forms of CO2 production seems like a good one, as CO2 would linger in the tunnels for awhile.

Randall