nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cornus mas

  • From: boyd manges <bmanges@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cornus mas
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:32:48 -0700 (PDT)

I just made a sugar syrup with cornelian cherries,
mixed it with soft serve vanilla ice cream. It had a
gorgeous pink/light purple color...just awesome. I
agree it has to be one of the most remarkable/lesser
known fruits, way better than goumi, autumn olive or
edible honeysuckle. The berries even stay on the tree
hidden from birds for weeks before they drop and
spoil. I can't say enough good things about the two
species plants I have, and if the cultivars have even
bigger fruit...wow!