nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Sweet King apple a dud here

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Sweet King apple a dud here
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:05:35 -0500

I never pass judgement on an apple (or other fruit, or garden vegetable
variety) on just one year's experience. I find that the weather and plant
maturity make too much differnce. Garden vegetables I will usually grow for
3 years before deciding not to grow a variety again, and I have noticed that
the first year fruiting of an apple may not be as good as later years.
Just my opinion, not worth 2 cents.

Jim, in Menomonie, WI,
where we finally got our a rainfall of over a tenth of an inch, the first
since July 15th.