nafex - [NAFEX] P22/B118 with Golden Nugget

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] P22/B118 with Golden Nugget
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:50:10 -0500

Doug
Just for clarification:
Does P22/B118 mean the roots are B118 and the interstem is P22?  Or the other way around?
Does this combination have a history of runting out a lot of different scion varieties?
Or does Golden Nugget have a history of runting out on rootstocks?
Thanks
Charlie Paradise
zone 5 / Massachusetts

Doug Clayton wrote:

I made the mistake of grafting Golden Nugget onto P22/B118 interstem rootstock in '86 and it "runted out" on me but I still got a few (very few) nice apples off of it almost every year till it died along with a bunch of other stuff last winter.