nafex - Re: [NAFEX] scale on Myers Lemon

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] scale on Myers Lemon
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 16:44:43 -0400

Thanks very much. It turned out my father had some Ortho brand horticultural oil in the basement that was labeled for non-dormant use on citrus (as well as lots of other stuff) so I used that. I was surprised at how little oil you mix with the water.

I should mention that I have previously tried a mix of dish soap and rubbing alcohol for scale with poor results. Also, it was very unpleasant to use. I used it in the winter, in the bathtub, and I ended up leaving the room because the fumes were so bad. But there was still a fair amount of scale when I finished, and it seemed to be spreading again.

Ginda