nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grafting safety

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grafting safety
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:17:11 -0400

Hi
I have been on Coumidin (Rat Poison)(Anti coagulator) and will be the rest of my life after Open heart surgery in '95 8 years ago on the 17th to replace a Mitral valve. I am not even supposed to shave with a safety razor. But I still do. Sure I have nicked myself. But I kind of lock the hands so that the control is in my hands. The knife hand cannot slip that far if it is propped against the other locked hand. I will have to watch how I do it next time grafting. If I do cut myself I have to apply pressure to the area till it is stopped.

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.

I'm with Del. I used to whittle a lot, and I don't entirely understand
how people cut themselves while grafting. The cuts needed for grafting
are simple, straight, flat cuts that can easily be done without
endangering your fingers. What you need is not kevlar, which will make
you clumsy, but someone to show you better ways of holding the blade
and manipulating the moving parts.