nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grafting safety

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grafting safety
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:59:33 -0700 (PDT)

I am a novice. I hope I can speak for other novices on
this list.
I have just started chip budding this year. I may do a
proper graft next year. I have not cut myself yet, but
I can see it happening. I have not had any real
experience with carving (other than a little chip
carving). When I was shown how to bud and graft, I was
focusing more on the wood cuts and the wrapping not
the position of the hand or the knife.

With this in mind I need to be shown (again) exactly
how to hold the knife and the scion for the safest
results. Maybe I am overly fearful, but I would feel
better if shown again.

This is a wonderful time for this topic to came up
because I am on my way to see a few orchards from some
of this list members this next week on the way to the
SFF meeting. I hope be able graft with more confidence
next spring!

Robert

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/nafex/XXXX@XXXX