nafex - Re: [NAFEX] A Passion For Pineapple

  • From: Keith Benson <kgbenson@mindspring.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] A Passion For Pineapple
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:27:06 -0400

Charles Paradise wrote:

After eating the pineapple, the green top plus the little flesh at the top
can be planted
anywhere in the garden and it WILL root EVERY time.

I find that leaving some of the flesh occasionally invites fruit flies. I twist the top off, there is no flesh to rot then. Remove an inch of so of the bottom most leaves and stick into the ground. Never had one fail. The little brown nubbins you will see when removeing the leaves are roots!

Keith