nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cato on Farming

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cato on Farming
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 13:02:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

It was "Cato on Farming".

As Cato states in his preface; thieves had to repay twice their theft,
where a money lender would have to repay four times his crime. A money
lender being significatly worse than a theif. Their highest compliment
was to call someone a good farmer, or good husbandmen.

Later (to all you good farmers),
Tom

--
Southwest Ontario