nafex - [NAFEX] plum list / grenville

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] plum list / grenville
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:46:07 +0000

Last fall I met a local grower who is one of the few in the area with plums. His favorite is Grenville. I got a couple scions for grafting this spring. However, in doing a web search I only located a couple nurseries in Saskatewan who carry it.

This is the description given by this Ontario Nursery http://www.siloamorchards.com/Plums.htm
"Grenville - A cross of the Japanese plum Burbank with native Canadian plum (Prunus Nigra) from Ottawa 1932. Early bloom, vigorous tree, prolific yields. Dark rosy red fruit, yellow flesh, large clingstone."

Anyone growing it?
The url below is from Quebec, to access their sizeable list of plum cultivars, scroll down on the right and click on 'plum' , when that opens scroll down to the bottom and click on 'list of plum cultivars'
http://www.universaldbase.com/pgris/index1e.htm
2 url's below for Canadian Nurseries listing Grenville.
http://www.boughennurseries.com/catalogue.htm
http://www.lakeviewgardens.com/html/apricot_plum_cherry.html

Del Stubbs ag zone2/3