nafex - [NAFEX] Potted Meyers Lemon

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Potted Meyers Lemon
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:06:29 -0500

My potted Meyers Lemon has sprouted from near the bottom - right above the graft. It was trained to a single trunk about 3' tall, and then there's about a foot of little branches and leaves at the top. But suddenly, there's also 4" of growth at the bottom. (After six years, it hasn't changed much in size. Every year I get some new growth, and every year some old branches die back.)

Other than esthetics, is there any reason to discourage the new growth?

Thanks,
Ginda

  • [NAFEX] Potted Meyers Lemon, list, 03/23/2003