nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grow fruit higher than deer can reach?

  • From: charles paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grow fruit higher than deer can reach?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:31:13 -0500

Bruce,
I also understood that having animals come in and pick up the apple drops
would reduce somewhat
the pressure from apple maggot etc.
But being able to walk underneath it - that I think is a huge advantage. One
of the most
beautiful orchards I ever visited was in Pennsylvania, chestnut, it was like
that. 95 degrees
and we were comfortable underneath the trees.
Charlie Paradise
zone 5/massachusetts