nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Another new member suggestion

  • From: Keith Benson <kgbenson@mindspring.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Another new member suggestion
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:21:37 -0500

Paul - my mistake - I read that as you could not post to yahoogroups from the web - not the present list - sorry for the confusion!

As to yahoo - The popups are a smidge of a bother, but I zap them and pay little attention. Navigating the web interface is a smidgeon clunky, but that there is a web interface is a plus.

FWIW - I think we generally agree - the new list is working beautifully and I wouldn't change it. At the same time there are those that seem to hate yahoogroups, though in reality the differences are realtively small.

Keith

PS: I would love to give you 4 hours, but A) I would do more harm than good, and B) I owe that same 4 hours to a few dozen other people . . . . ;)

paul simon wrote:

The big disadvantage compared to Yahoo Groups is that you can't post from the Web interface, you must log in to your own email to do that.

Not so, I have done and still do this in some of the yahoogroups I participate of administer. Having said that, this list is working very well also. I suspect that most would find them equivalent.

Keith

Keith,

Could you give me 4 hours of your time to set up and program my computer and present ancient (in computer time) programs? I'm rather awkward and fearful of changing something that works.

I came in on the last 3 weeks of the Yahoo system, and was very dismayed by the awkwardness and sluggishness it presented. The present system is rapid, efficient, fairly compact, and with no popups.

Snow melting, hit 70 degrees yesterday, beatiful brown patches of lawn and garden showing

Paul S close to Lat. N 39-30'36" and Lon. W 76-34'48"