nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Scanning Fruit Photos

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Scanning Fruit Photos
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:41:15 -0600

At 05:46 PM 2/18/2003 -0600, you wrote:
A friend is preparing for a fruit presentation at a local museum. He has a
question that I could not answer, but perhaps some of you talented NAFEXers
can.

I can't speak with any technical authority, but I've scanned in hundreds of 2x2 Kodachrome/Ektachrome 35mm slides I've taken over the years - converting them to digital format so I can incorporate them into PowerPoint presentations for classes and professional presentations. They've all worked quite well with the LCD projectors we have. Of course, the photo quality of most of these slides is vastly superior to the digital photos that I can take with our current digital camera.
Off the top of my head, I can't comment on any specifics, so far as resolution, etc.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY