nafex - Re: [NAFEX] auxin use in grafting

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: rooting <rooting@hortus.com>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] auxin use in grafting
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:49:34 -0600

At 02:33 PM 2/17/2003 -0500, MRK wrote:
You would not want to use a powder rooting hormone sine these products contain large percentage of talc (usually 99.9-99.2% talc). Talc being completely insoluble in water will become a barrier to the union.
Hmm. I was thinking I had seen something in print, somewhere, at some time(but maybe I'm mistaken), indicating that the talc-based rooting hormone powders actually did work OK in grafting applications.
I've never tried it, yet, but might give it a shot this spring.

Lucky