nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Failures

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Failures
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:58:32 -0600

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 09:44 AM, Lucky Pittman wrote:

mIEKAL suggested a failures thread.

Figs - not really a failure, but I don't know if I'll ever get a fig off of any of them. Winter-kill to the ground every year, then when they do set a crop on new growth, they don't have a long enough season to mature before frost.

Lucky: have you tried growing Everbearing as an "annual" resprouting bush? cut it back, cover with a few bales of hay & supposedly they produce fruit on the first year wood. also do you get winter kill with Hardy Chicago?

mIEKAL