nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: DeRasilly

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: DeRasilly
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:42:33 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

Have you considered the Fameuse apple? It's history seems to be inline
with your goals;

FAMEUSE APPLE

Found in France, 1600's and then in Canada, 1739. The probable parent of
the Macintosh though less prone to scab than Macs. Also called Snow.
Medium size, deep crimson fruit with very tender, juicy, mildly sub-acid,
very white flesh. Flavorful and aromatic fruit stores well 'till December
or later and excels as a dessert, cider and culinary apple. Very hardy,
long lived healthy

You can get cuttings of that easily.

Later,
Tom