nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Wine to Vinegar

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Wine to Vinegar
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 05:15:08 +0000

Doesn't most commercial wines contain a sterilizer/preservative called "meta-bisulfate" ? Some people more sensative to it ?

tc

From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:05:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I thought it was sulfites or something in red wine that gave you
headaches. It has to be something specific to something found in the
skins of red grapes, as the difference between the two colored wines is
how long they stay in contact with the pulp/skins before being pressed.

Later,
Tom

--
Southwest Ontario