nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Wine to Vinegar

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Wine to Vinegar
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:16:01 -0400

mIEKAL
Alcohol in wine is tested with a vinometer, and in other with a Proof meter. Both and much other testers and equipment are available. You can also tell by the saccrometer what you alcohol will end up at if it goes to 11% If over the yeast will usually be killed. that is how you get a sweet wine. Dry wines supposedly will not give you those nasty headaches the next day if you over do it. It is sweet wines that do. And I used to love Sweet, Sweet cherry wine. I would have to check out my test equiptment and books to give more specific info.
Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.