nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Beech Nuts

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Beech Nuts
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:29:54 -0700

I have seen such hedges in England and Scotland. Most of the hedges are
kept clipped too much to bear, but there are so many adults that seedlings
come up everywhere. When I was in Scotland in late May, I was out in the
woods and kept seeing some unusual looking plants all around - they were
everywhere. At first I thought they were some sort of oxalis with the odd
round leaves they had, until I realized I was seeing the seed leaves of a
plant. When the first true leaves came out, I saw they were beech
seedlings.
-Lon Rombough