nafex - [NAFEX] Re: beech nuts

  • From: "Kristina & Bruce" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: beech nuts
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:19:28 -0400

Beech trees have a strong biennial cycle and are avidly sought by critters.
So you might be in an off-year or a day behind the furry ones. I used to
frequent a beech stand in eastern Maine when I lived up there and would
collect some when I could. It's a good time to meet bears, whose
reproductive success hinges on the extra food reserves furnished by those
beech nuts. Luckily for me, we never bumped into each other.
Bruce in CT
herenorthere@lycos.com

Outgrown your current e-mail service? Get a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access,
No Ads and No Taglines with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus