nafex - [NAFEX] 2, 4-D Clean-up

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] 2, 4-D Clean-up
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:30:31 -0400

Hello all,

I took the advice and did a search on 2, 4-D herbicide in
regards to sprayer cleaning. There is a very good Cornell
University web page to be found here regarding sprayer
cleaning;

http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/facts-slides-self/facts/sprayer-clean-91.html

The primary cleaners are; household ammonia, TSP, liquid
detergent and others based on what you are trying to
remove. It gives cleaning ratios for both 25 gallons and
2.5 gallons, so it should serve everyone well.

I also read that grapes are VERY sensitive to 2, 4-D, and
it's use is regulated in some grape growing regions (mist
can travel).

Hope this helps others.

Thanks,
Tom

  • [NAFEX] 2, 4-D Clean-up, Tom Olenio, 08/13/2002