nafex - Re: [NAFEX] FW: Grape Leaf Compounds

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] FW: Grape Leaf Compounds
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:22:38 -0400 (EDT)

--
Southwest Ontario
Canada Hardiness Zone 6a
(similar to US zone 5)

On Mon, 20 May 2002, rob hamilton wrote:

> Alum (not used anymore because of health conserns)

Hi,

We still use Alum in pickling. Anything improperly used could pose a
problem. You can still find it in any spice section of a supermarket.

Again, it must be used properly, and kept out of the reach of children,
but is still commonly used.

They are trying to ban the use of ALL pesticides in our area, rather than
promote proper usage.

I just don't understand this approach to education "They will not get it,
the average person cannot manage it, so ban it". Humbug in my opinion.

Later,
Tom