nafex - Re: [NAFEX] FW: Grape Leaf Compounds

  • From: paul simon <paul.simon@tcs.wap.org>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] FW: Grape Leaf Compounds
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 14:06:04 -0400

Pickle leaf prep:

Joe,
We just rinsed the bird droppings and the road dust off. The enzynes would be deactivated by boiling or soaking in alcohol.
We placed one leaf halfway down in a 1 or 2 quart jar. This was for whole cucumbers, 1 inch by 2 to 3 inches in size, in July and August. It was nice because otherwise those pickles got so soft and soggy I would have fed them to the hogs if they were mine.
Stanley Rice was the MSU pickle man at the time, but I can't recall the dept.head.

Paul S. twix Baltimore and D.C. 5/4 inch rain last night