nafex - Re: [NAFEX] tree tags

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] tree tags
  • Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 14:48:19 -0700

This has come up in POMONA a lot of times. One of the most creative was the
use of ceramic tags. Clay tags were made up and the names written in them.
Then they were fired. Though at risk from breakage, they were about as
weatherproof as anything could be.
An alternate is to get some heavy stainless steel flashing (sheet metal) and
a set of stamps. Go to a place that sells tools and you can buy a set of
stamps for under $10.00. Attach the tags with insulated electrical wire,
preferably large gauge. You can collect lots of scraps of it from
construction sites.
-Lon Rombough